Delicious lentils tossed with palak, tomatoes and garlic
3/4 cup urad dal (split white lentil) or yellow moong dal (green gram)
1 cup chopped spinach
3-4 minced garlic
1 chopped tomato
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
3-4 dry red chilies
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
3-4 cups water
1. Cook dal and spinach in 3 cups of water.
2. Heat oil in a wok or kadhai (frying pan), add red chilies, cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
3. Now add garlic and fry until golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry until oil separates for masala.
5. Add cooked dal, amchur powder, garam masala powder and salt. Boil for 5 minutes.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes