A delicious and spicy delicacy of Paneer in cashew nut gravy
1 1/2 cup coarsely crushed paneer (cottage cheese)
1 cup tomato puree
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon haldi (turmeric) powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 teaspoon dry kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
For Onion Paste
1 boiled onion
1-2 green chilies
1 inch ginger
For Cashew nut Puree
1/2 cup cashew nut (soaked in water)
1/4 cup curd
1. Heat oil in a Wok (Kadhai).
2. Grind boiled onion, green chilies, ginger to make a thick paste.
3. Add kasoori methi powder, onion paste and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add a pinch of garam masala powder and fry until golden brown.
5. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry until oil separates.
6. Grind curd and soaked cashew nut to make a smooth paste.
7. Add cashew nut paste in the pan after frying tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
8. Add just enough water to make thick gravy.
9. Bring to boil and then add paneer. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add salt, garam masala, sugar and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
11. Garnish with cream.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes