Potato chips are anytime and everybody’s all-time favorite snacks. Today I am sharing a homemade potato chips recipe which is sun dried chips. Sun dried chips taste better than microwave made or made with any other method. My mother usually prefers to make potato chips at home as its healthier way and also you can make it anytime as per your requirements.
To make potato chips at home you required large potatoes, salt and water and a slicer or mandolin to slice the potatoes. One important thing to consider is to have a knowledge and proper details/method to make chips. Potato chips are not just one time cooked recipe, you can make as much as you want and can store it in airtight container and whenever you want to eat, just fry the chips, sprinkle some salt and pepper or red chili powder and enjoy. To make chips to eat during fast/vrat you can avoid adding salt while making chips. Here is the complete recipe for homemade potato chips.
– 3 Kg Large Potatoes
– A pinch of alumen
– Salt, black salt to taste
– 2 tablespoon oil
– Red chili powder
How To Make?
1. Take the potatoes and wash it properly. To make chips, choose large potatoes, so it’s easy for you to slice it.
2. Now, Peel all the potatoes.
3. In a bowl add cold water and salt and keep aside.
4. Now, make thin slices of the potatoes with the help of slicer or mandolin and put the sliced potatoes into the water. Continue this procedure for all the potatoes.
5. Now, take a wide vessel and add salt, alumen and oil to it. And let the water boiled.
6. When the water starts boiling add potato chips to it and let it boiled with hot water for 2-3 minutes. Ensure the potatoes are not going to boiled more.
7. Remove the potato chips with slotted ladle so unwanted water will removed and place it on thin cloth.
8. Let keep this potato chips in the sun light and let it dry completely. Change the sides of the chips after 5-6 hours. It will take at least 2-3 days to completely dry the chips.
9. Once the slices are dried, it’s ready to fry.
10. Now, Add oil to frying pan and deep fry the potato chips. Remove the chips with slotted ladle.
11. Sprinkle salt and red chili powder on chips and its ready to eat. You can also sprinkle pepper powder on chips.
12. Store the chips into air tight jar in a dry place.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes