Who says a person cannot feast when fasting! Here is the fasting special recipe which is very popular during vrat. Raw Banana Kofta is a lip-smacking farali recipe. This satiating kofta made from boiled raw banana and potatoes. This banana and potatoes mixture mashed together and seasoned with rock salt and then deep fried in oil or desi ghee. This recipe gets its tasteful flavors when it is served with tomato gravy pour over koftas to complete the dish. To enjoy this kofta dish must try at home and experience it.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 250 gm raw bananas
– 200 gm potatoes
– 200 g tomato puree
– 4 cloves
– 1and#8243; cinnamon sticks
– 2-3 green cardamom
– 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 3 teaspoons pepper corns
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 1 tablespoon ginger juliennes
– 3 green chilies
– 1 tablespoon ghee
– Rock salt to taste
– Oil for deep frying
How To Cook?
1. In a pressure cooker, boil the raw bananas and potatoes together in slightly salted water until done. Drain them and set aside to cool a bit.
2. Once cool enough to handle, peel the raw bananas and the potatoes.
3. Take a medium bowl and mash boiled potatoes and bananas together and make sure it should be smooth like dough.
4. Then add rock salt as per your taste and mix it well.
5. In a deep pan, heat oil for deep frying.
6. Meanwhile, divide the mixture into 12 parts and roll them into smooth balls.
7. Now, deep fry these balls into hot oil until golden brown. Then drain them on towel paper.
8. Heat a pan and dry roast cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, pepper corns and green cardamoms until fragrant.
9. Remove it from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
10. Place this dry roast spices into mixture jar and coarsely grind them. Set aside.
11. Heat ghee in the same pan and add ginger paste and saut? it for a while.
12. Then add tomato puree and saut? it for about 5 minutes.
13. Now, add half of the coarsely ground spices and 1 cup of water to it and bring it to boil.
14. When it start boiling let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
15. After then add ginger juliennes, remaining ground spices, slit green chilies and season it with rock salt. Mix well.
16. Take prepared kofta in a serving plate and pour the tomato gravy over the kofta.
17. Top with coriander leaves and serve hot.