Roast vegetable pie is very healthy and full of nutritious meal recipe for your family. You can choose all your favorite seasonal vegetables to make this pie recipe. The taste of roasted vegetable, cooked with rice and other roasted spices taste simply delightful. I have used brown rice for the recipe you can also choose basmati rice. Let’s learn how to cook roasted vegetable pie recipe.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 1 red onion
– 2 medium sized Zucchinis
– 2 capsicum
– 1 eggplant
– Olive oil spray
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 400 gm cherry tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– ? teaspoon paprika
– 2 cup brown rice
– 2 lightly beaten eggs
– 2 cups sweet potatoes
– 250 gm Firm Tofu
To Make Cilantro Pesto
– 2 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
– ? cup toasted almonds
– 1 garlic clove
– 2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 4 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 red chili
How To Make?
1. Preheat the oven to 180?C.
2. Now, take a large baking tray and baking paper and set red onion, Zucchini, eggplant, red chili and sweet potatoes in a layer on the trays. Then sprinkle olive oil on the layer.
3. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake it for 40 minutes. If the vegetables are not baked properly then rearrange them so they cook properly. Once it’s soft and turn slightly brown in color remove it from the oven and cool.
4. Meanwhile, cook rice in a boiling water in a pot for 35 minutes. Strain well.
5. in another frying pan, add spices and cook it on LOW heat for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
6. Now, apply olive oil on a spring pan. Place rice in a large bowl and then add roasted spices, pepper and salt to it and mix them well. Then add eggs and mix until they completely combined.
7. Carefully fold through roasted vegetables and tofu and scoop into prepared tin. Press in with the back of the spoon and cook it for 35 minutes.
8. Now, on a try place the cherry tomatoes covered with baking paper and cook for 25 minutes.
To Make Cilantro Pesto
1. Properly wash and dry the coriander leaves.
2. Add chopped coriander leaves in to grinder then add garlic, lemon juice, almonds, 1 tablespoon olive oil and chili to it and blend it till it becomes roughly chopped.
3. Now, serve warm vegetable pie, garnished with roasted cherry tomatoes and coriander leaves and cilantro pesto on the side.