Healthy and quick snack made with soybean
1 cup dry soya chunks
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 1/2 cups whole meal flour (wheat flour)
1/4 teaspoon ajwain seeds (carom seeds)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
Oil for frying
1. Grind dry soya chunks, roasted peanuts, and cumin seeds together in a blender.
2. Now mix wheat flour, ajwain seeds, red chilli powder, salt, 1 tablespoon oil into the above ground mixture.
3. Mix well and using little water at a time, knead into medium soft dough.
4. Divide into equal round portions.
5. Take each round portion and press it between your palms to shape them into round flat discs of 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Deep fry these tikkis, until light golden brown on both sides/
7. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.