Surti Ghari, as name suggest is a famous sweet dish from Surat. Surti food recipes are very famous all over the world and very delicious. Ghari is delicious recipe made from maida, rava, paneer, cheese, etc. For Diwali celebration you can bring Ghari from the market or can make it at home. Here I am sharing a simple and easy recipe to make Surti Ghari at home. You can make it very effectively without any hassle. While make a Ghari ensure that the Ghari doesn’t stick with the frying pan bottom and ghee is firm while garnishing it.
– 1 Cup of Water
– 1/4 Cup Rava
– Half Condensed Milk
– 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
– 1/2 cup paneer
– 1/2 cup sugar
– Dry fruits for taste (Badam, Cashew, Pistachios)
– 1 tablespoon cardamoms (Elaichi) Powder
– A pinch of Kesar Strands, soaked in milk
– 1 Cup Maida
– Milk to bind
How to Cook?
1. In a nonstick pan add ghee on MEDIUM heat.
2. Add ricotta cheese and paneer in a pan and stir them over on average heat until cheese and paneer completely mixed.
3. In another pan roast rava (semolina) on a MEDIUM heat for 4-5 minutes.
4. Now, Add Rava in a Cheese mixture.
5. Stir the mixture and add condensed milk and sugar in it.
6. Add dry fruits and mix well the mixture.
7. Now, Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir the mixture.
8. Add ground cardamom and saffron into mixture.
9. Set aside mixture to cool.
1. In a pan (kadhai) add ghee and flour and mix well to bind dough.
2. Add milk to bind and prepare soft dough.
To Make Ghari
1. Add Ghee in a nonstick pan (to fry) on a medium heat.
2. Prepare puri and add mixture in a middle.
3. Close the side of puri and wrap the mixture completely.
4. Prepare a small balls from puri with stuffed mixture and remove the excess dough from the top of the ball.
5. Gently pressurized the wrapped ball and prepare 1 inch thick top flat ghari.
6. Now deep fry ghari in a ghee till it turns into light golden color from the both sides.
7. Set aside for 2 – 3 hours to cool at room temperature.
1. In a pan add ghee and sugar and mix until light and downy.
2. Dip ghari and place it aside on a wax paper.
3. Place dry fruits on top for garnishing.
4. Set aside till ghee become firm.
5. Now your ghari is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 1 hours
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes