Bottle gourd cooked with thick tomato gravy. Enjoy this healthy combination of tomato and bottle gourd with some Indian spices.
– 400 gm ghia (bottle gourd) – peeled and chopped
– 2 finely chopped tomatoes
– 1″ piece finely ginger
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
How To Make?
1. Dry roast jeera for 2 minutes in a pressure cooker, until it fragrant and turns golden.
2. Add 1/2 cup water, chopped ginger, onion and tomato.
3. Add the dry masalas – red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir for a minute.
4. Add the ghia (bottle gourd) and close the lid of the cooker. Let it cook for 5 whistles. Remove from fire.
5. Open the cooker when the pressure drops. Dry the water in it on fire and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes