Kachori is one of an Indian spicy snack which is available in every corner of India and very popular snack dish of Gujarat. Season like winter and monsoon it is available in almost every part of Gujarat. It can be preferred as a breakfast or as a party snack. You can make kachories with mixture of green tuvar dal and spices in it. Here is the recipe to make tuvar lilva kachori at home.
To Make Dough:
– 1 1/2 cups refined flour
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Salt to taste
– Water according to requirement
To Make Stuffing:
– 2 cups fresh tuvar dal
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
– 2 tablespoon green chili paste
– 2 tablespoon ginger paste
– 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin powder
– 1 tablespoon coriander powder
– 1 tablespoon garam masala
– 1/2 cup grated coconut
– 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoon sugar
– 2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 tablespoon raisins
– 2 tablespoon chopped cashews
– Oil for deep frying
How To Cook?
1. To make dough, add refined flour in a bowl then salt and oil to it. Mix it well and use water to knead the smooth and soft dough.
2. Keep this dough aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. To make stuffing, crush the fresh tuvar dal in a blender.
4. Now, heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
5. Then add sesame seeds and after few seconds add asafoetida, green chili paste, ginger paste, crushed fresh tuvar dal, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala, then mix it well and cook it for 10 minutes on MEDIUM flame.
6. Now, add grated coconut, salt, sugar, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, raisin and chopped cashews. Mix them well and cook it again for 5 minutes.
7. To make kachori, roll the dough in a circle and put the stuffing in center then cover it and make small round balls.
8. Now, heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the balls on MEDIUM flame until it turns golden.
9. Serve this delicious and spicy kachori with green chutney.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serving: 4 Persons