• 1 cup aanapakaya/lauki(grated)
• 1.5 cups Sugar
• 2 cups Milk
• 2-3 spoons Ghee
• 10-12 Raisins
• 10-12 Cashewnuts
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Peel the aanapakaya/lauki and cut it. Remove the center part so that you can avoid the seeds.
- Grate aanapakaya/lauki and measure 1 cup of it.
- Place a pan on the stove and add half of the ghee.
- Fry the grated aanapakaya/lauki for about a minute or so.
- Then add milk to it.
- Let it cook till it becomes soft.
- After that add sugar and cook till you get a nice texture of payasam/kheer.
- Add fried cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder on top. You can always change the measurements of the ingredients as per your taste
Recipe courtesy of Shristi