• 1/2 cup – Almonds
• 2 cups -Milk
• 3 tbsp- Sugar
• 5 crushed- Cardamoms
• A pinch – Saffron (Kesar), soaked in lukewarm Milk
- Boil half a litre of water in a sauce pan.
- Add almonds when the water starts boiling and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove and drain.
- Grind into a fine paste.
- Boil the milk in a thick-bottomed pan.
- When the milk boils, add the almond paste and sugar. Cook for 5 mins on a low flame, stirring continuously.
- Remove and add the dissolved saffron and the crushed cardamoms.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of jyotisingla