Adhik Maas or Purushottam Maas is an extra lunar month. This month is being celebrated as divine month. In Hindu culture there are lots of festivals/days like Navratri, Shivratri and other holy days when people perform various types of Puja and Havan. Also there are so many people who keeping fast on these holy days. Here I sharing a popular fasting recipe, Aloo Barfi, which is best dessert to have during the vrat/upvas and also for those people who have sweet-tooth. It is deliciously succulent and tender with great flavour. This luscious phalahari dessert is very easy and simple, which you can make very quickly. Aloo Barfi can be made with very few Ingredients, potatoes, sugar, ghee, cardamom powder and dry fruits. Enjoy this delicious Aloo Barfi in your fasting days.
– 500 gm potatoes
– 4 tablespoons sugar
– 4 tablespoons ghee
– 1/2 green cardamom powder
– 1/4 cup dry fruits, for garnishing
How To Make?
1. Wash the potatoes and place them into pressure cooker along with water and cook it till done.
2. Remove it from the heat and let it cool for 6-7 minutes.
3. Peel the potatoes and mash them well.
4. In a frying pan, heat the ghee and add mashed potatoes to it and saut? it for 2-3 minutes over LOW heat.
5. Add sugar to it and mix well. Cook it till the sugar dissolved completely and ghee starts separating.
6. Add green cardamom and half of the dry fruits then mix them well.
7. Remove it from the heat and transfer it into a plate that is greased with ghee.
8. Spread this mixture evenly and cut it into pieces.
9. Garnish it with remaining dry fruits and serve.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes