Aloo Bhujiya is most savory snack of Diwali celebration. This less time consuming snack is very favorite among kids. This sev is wisely popular as a potato sev and the taste of this sev is terribly amazing. This tangy sev is a combination of gram flour and mashed potato. With hot beverage it goes very well as an evening snack too. So try out today, at home and surprise your family and friends with this tangy snack.
– 2 cups gram flour
– 1 cup boiled and mashed potato
– 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– A pinch asafoetida
– Salt to taste
– 2 teaspoons oil
– 1/4 cups mint leaves
– 1-2 green chilies, chopped
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
How To Cook?
1. Place mint leaves, chopped green chilies and lime juice in a mixture blender and blend them to a smooth paste.
2. Now, combine together all dry Ingredients along with gram flour and oil. Mix well.
3. Add mashed potato and mint paste to the flour mixture and knead everything to form a soft dough.
4. Heat oil in deep pan at smoking point.
5. Meanwhile, with little grease the sev maker from inside and fill the small portion dough in a sev maker.
6. when oil is heated at smoking point reduce the flame and over hot oil press the dough through the sev maker. Make sure sev fall in one piece over hot oil.
7. Fry this bhujiya until the bubbles are disappear and hissing sound stop.
8. Repeat the whole process for rest of the dough.
9. Once done allow the bijiya to cool for a while and crush them with hands and sprinkle some chaat masala over fried bhujiya. Toss well.
10. Store it in airtight container. This stays fresh for a week.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes