Potatoes cooked in milk and ghee simply tastes best. An easy recipe to make any time you want to make. It’s a farali dessert that can be eaten during navratri fasts and other fasting days.
– 5-6 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 3 tablespoon ghee
– 1 1/2 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon raisins
– 1 tablespoon chopped cashew
– 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
– 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
– A pinch of saffron
How To Cook?
1. Wash, boil and peel the potatoes.
2. Add ghee in a frying pan and add potatoes to the pan and fry it on MEDIUM flow for 5-6 minutes.
3. Stir potatoes continuously.
4. Then add sugar and milk to the mixture and mix well.
5. cook the mixture till the milk and sugar dissolves and the mixture starts leaving the ghee in the pan.
6. Reduce the heat and add cardamom powder and saffron to the mixture and mix well.
7. When the mixture becomes thick remove it from flame.
8. Garnish it with raisins, almonds and cashews and serve hot potatoes halwa.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons