Delicious snack that is made with mashed potatoes, spices and herbs
2 cups potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup chopped onions (optional)
1-2 chopped green chilli
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 cup gram flour
Vegetable oil as required
Salt to taste
1. Mix mashed potatoes, chopped onions, chopped green chilli, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
2. Make small round balls of equal portions.
3. Mix gram flour, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
4. Add enough water to make a thick batter.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai over high heat. (Oil should be enough so that all the balls dip well in oil)
6. Reduce the heat. Coat each ball with enough batter and then deep fry until light golden brown.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes