• 1/2 kg beef, Mutton or lamb
• 3 tsp ground pepper
• 1 tsp chopped Ginger
• 2 onions, sliced
• 3 tbsp oil
• 3 large Potatoes
• Salt to taste
- Wash the meat and keep aside.
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut into quarters.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions and chopped ginger for a few minutes.
- Add the meat, salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Fry for 5 mins on low heat turning the meat well till the pieces get firm.
- Add sufficient water and the potatoes and cook till done.
- Continue simmering on low heat till all the water is absorbed and the meat and potatoes are brown.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White