Apple, Dates Pudding is a classic winter pudding recipe. It’s a best option to serve at the dinner party. Apple caramelized with dates sauce give rich taste to the recipe. Let’s make this apple and date pudding recipe together.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 6 Persons
– a sponge cake
– ? cup milk
– 1 cup chopped almonds
For Apple Layer
– 2 apples, peeled and grated
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 3 tablespoon sugar
– ? cinnamon powder
– ? cup water
To Make Dates Sauce
– 1 cup dates
– ? cup water
– 1 teaspoon corn flour
How To Cook?
1. Bring ready-made sponge cake from the market and cut it into half to get two pieces of the cake.
2. Put one piece of cake into serving dish and soak it with 5-6 tablespoon of milk. Repeat this for another part of cake. Keep it aside.
3. grate and peel the apples thickly.
4. Now, add apple, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon powder and ? cup water in a pan and cook it on MEDIUM flame for 5-7 minutes till it becomes almost dry.
5. On the soaked cake, spread a thick layer of cooked apples.
6. Then, put the other piece of soaked cake on top and press it gently. Keep it aside.
7. Now, to prepare the dates sauce, wash and deseed dates and chop them ?nely.
8. Boil chopped dates in ? cup water for 5 minutes. Remove it from fire and let it cool.
9. Then, Blend it in a blender only for a few seconds, don’t mash the dates completely.
10. Now, Mix in 1 tablespoon corn ?our with ? cup water and add it to the dates puree.
11. Then, cook the date sauce for 2-3 minutes alter the boil, stirring continuously till slightly thick.
12. Pour the sauce over the cake such as to cover it completely on the top. Tilt the dish a little to cover the sides also.
13. To decorate the pudding sprinkle some chopped almonds.