• 1 kg – Poha (thick)
• 850 g – Jaggery
• 1 – Coconut
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• 100 g – Cashew nuts
- Dry grind poha (aval) coarsely to rava like consistency. Wash well with water and drain. Sprinkle turmeric powder.
- Place on a muslin cloth and steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a plate.
- Heat jaggery with one cup water and boil to make a thick syrup.
- Add grated coconut and cardamom powder to syrup.
- Pour the syrup little by little onto the steamed poha.
- Mix well with a light hand.
- Fry the cashew nut pieces in ghee and add to the poha.
- Serve on a plate or pack in small self-sealing covers and distribute as prasad along with sundal for Navratri.
Recipe courtesy of Rajeshwari