Badam Halwa is very quick and healthy Indian sweet recipe made from almonds, milk, ghee and saffron. Badam halwa is made during the winter season and other popular Indian festivals like Diwali, maha shivaratri, navratri and more. Here is the complete badam halwa recipe in explained in few easy to follow steps.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 2 Persons
– ? cup almonds,
– 1 cup milk
– 5 tablespoon sugar
– ? teaspoon cardamom powder
– 3 tablespoon ghee
– A pinch of saffron, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl soak almonds in a boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Now, remove the skin of the almonds and drain it.
3. Now grind the soaked almonds and make a fine paste of it.
4. Now, in a pan heat the ghee and then add almond puree, milk and cook it for 15-20 minutes on a SLOW flame. Stirring continuously.
5. then add remaining milk, 3 tablespoon water into the almond puree mixture and again cook it for 5 minutes.
6. Now, add sugar, cardamom powder into the mixture and mix them well.
7. When the sugar completely dissolved remove the pan from heat.
8. Now, garnish badam halwa with saffron strands, almonds and serve hot.