Monsoon is one of the best season to enjoy fried food like bhajiya or pakora. In this season, it is always better to enjoy homemade snacks. Baby corn bhajiya is a perfect snack with hot cup of tea on this rainy wet weather. This baby corn bhajiya are crisp, little spicy in taste and it should ideally be eaten hot. It can be served as a starter or snacks with masala chai or green chutney. It is possibly the perfect snack for this rainy and cold days.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
– 1 cup gram flour
– ? cup rice flour
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– A pinch turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
– ? teaspoon garam masala powder
– A pinch asafoetida
– ? teaspoon soda bi-carb
– 2 teaspoon hot oil
– Salt to taste
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. In a pan, bring sufficient water to boil by adding some salt to it.
2. Now, cut the baby corns into halves horizontally.
3. When water starts boiling add turmeric powder and place the baby corn to it then blanch it for 2-3 minutes.
4. After done strain them from the hot water. Set aside and let them cool.
5. Take a bowl and mix together the gram flour, rice flour, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, asafoetida, soda bi-carb, and salt make a thick batter using a little water.
6. Heat up the oil in a deep pan for deep frying.
7. Dip the blanched baby corn into the gram flour batter and deep fry them into hot oil till light golden brown.
8. Once fried, remove it on paper towel lined plate to absorb extra oil.
9. Serve hot with green chutney and tamarind chutney.