• 2 medium-sized Pomfrets
• 3 whole Garlic pods
• 1 Onion crushed
• 2 tsp Olive oil
• 2 tbsp flour
• 1 cup stock (use two soup cubes)
• Dry white wine
• A pinch of pepper
• Salt to taste
- Without separating the cloves of garlic, remove the external skin. Wrap them in separate foils and bake at 400 degrees F for half an hour.
- Cool a bit and then separate the cloves and squeeze to extract the pulp.
- Discard the skins and grind the pulp to a paste, and keep it aside.
- Saute the onions well.
- Put on a very low heat and gradually keep adding quantities of stock, wine and flour and blending them thoroughly.
- Taking care not to let it burn, bring it to a boil, and then add the garlic paste and salt.
- Cook till thickened to a good consistency.
- Cool and blend in an electric blender till smooth.
- Cut the fillet from the sides of the fish and baste well with the sauce, pouring a little extra over it.
- Place in oven and bake till cooked.
- Serve the excess sauce separately for anyone who wants an extra helping.
Recipe courtesy of Malini Bisen