• 2 – Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
• 1 cup – Peas (boiled)
• 15 to 20 – Phyllo pastry sheets
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1 tsp – Fennel seeds (optional)
• 1 tbsp – Cashewnuts (broken)
• 2 – Green chillies (use according to taste)
• 1 tsp – Oil
• 1 to 2 tbsp – Butter (melted, for brushing)
• Salt to taste
- Prepare the potato peas mixture by frying cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cashew nuts and finely chopped green chillies in a tsp of hot oil, and then adding the potatoes and peas with salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Brush a sheet of phyllo with melted butter.
- Fold it vertically at the centre into a rectangle. Brush with butter.
- Place 2 tbsps of potato peas mixture in one corner and fold into a triangle.
- Keep folding triangularly through the rest of the sheet.
- Stick the edges with a little water.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Repeat for the remaining phyllo sheets. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 10 minutes.
- Flip the samosas and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve fresh with tomato sauce or tamarind chutney
Recipe courtesy of Sowmya