• 3 cups – whole Wheat pastry flour
• 1 cup – Wheat germ
• 6 – very ripe bananas, mashed
• 2 tsp – baking soda
• 1/4 tsp – salt
• 3/4 cup – Sugar (use turbinado or vegan cane Sugar)
• 1/2 cup – maple syrup
• 3/4 cup – Almond Milk
• 1 tbsp – vanilla extract
• 1 cup – walnuts, toasted lightly, then chopped
- Mix the flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another, larger bowl, whisk together the sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
- Add the flour in three batches, stirring in the flour thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour into a bundt pan sprayed with oil.
- This is a thick batter, so smooth down the top before putting into the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the cake’s center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly, unmold, dust with some confectioner’s sugar if you like, then slice. Serve with some vegan whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of Vaishaly