Besan ka halwa is very delicious and lip smacking Indian dessert recipe. It’s a traditional sweet dish usually made during the special occasions and festivals. Besan ka halwa is very easy and can be made instantly. You can make it anytime when you wish to have sweet dish. Besan ka halwa is made from besan, sugar and ghee. Besan ka halwa is very healthy and full of nutritious. Follow these steps to make besan ka halwa.
1 cup besan (Gram flour)
1 cup sugar
Water as required
4 tablespoon ghee
1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds, crushed
1 tablespoon almonds, sliced
1 tablespoon pistachio, sliced
How To Make?
1. Put a frying pan over a LOW heat and add ghee to it. Let it melt then add besan to it and roast it for 20 minutes till the besan turns into dark brown color. Keep stirring.
2. Then add sugar, cardamom and stir it for 5-6 minutes.
3. Now, add water to it and continuously stir it to avoid forming the lumps.
4. Cook it for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring.
5. Add almonds and pistachio to it and mix them.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the halwa into the serving bowl.
7. Garnish the Besan halwa with almonds and pistachio and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes