• 100 g – gram flour (besan)
• 20 g – semolina (sooji)
• 1 cup – shortening (fat free)
• 100 g – Sugar (depending upon the taste/approx. equal to gram flour)
• Coconut powder for flavor
• Cardamom powder
• Green Pistachio chopped (optional)
- Mix gram flour, shortening in a heavy pan. Stir it continuously on medium flame.
- When the mixture becomes light brown in colour, add semolina.
- Stir it until the mixture becomes golden brown in colour, turn off the gas.
- Keep it aside so that it will cool down.
- Add sugar (when it cools a little), coconut powder, cardamom powder in it.
- Mix it very well. Take a sufficient quantity of mixture in your hands and shape it into desired shape.
Recipe courtesy of Bharti Agarwal