• 2 cup – Besan ( Gram Flour)
• 1/2 cup – Atta ( Whole Wheat flour)
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder, black pepper, coriander powder each
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp – Oil
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric, dry Mango powder each
• 1 tsp – Green chilli paste
• 1 tsp – grated Ginger
• Warm water to knead
• Few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead to form a pliable dough.
- Since the quantity of whole wheat flour used is very less here, you would have to grease your palms to knead the dough properly.
- Keep your palms oily to avoid its sticking to your hands.
- Roll the prepared balls into chappathi and roast them on a heated griddle on low flame.
- This is very important to keep the flame medium else the inner layer of the roti will not be cooked properly.
- If you are applying oil, roast it with 1 tsp oil/ghee on each side till it turns a bit brownish on the sides and crispy in between.
- It takes longer than the usual paratha/ roti to get this one cooked.
- Serve hot with raita and side dish of your choice.
- Recipe courtesy: UK Rasoi
Recipe courtesy of Nupur