• 250 g – small, evenly sized Capsicums
• 2 tbsp – besan (gram flour)
• 1 medium onion, chopped fine
• 1.5 tsp – chopped Coriander leaves
• 3 to 4 tbsp – oil
• diced ginger, Garlic (to taste)
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Cumin seed powder
• 1 tsp – Aamchur
• 1 1/2 tsp – green chillies, chopped fine
• salt to taste
- For filling:
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Roast the besan in it.
- Then add the turmeric, chillies, cumin seed powder, amchur, chopped coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well. Do not add any water to this mixture.
- For capsicum:
- Wash and dry the peppers.
- Cut the cap off each and remove the seeds.
- Stuff them with the filling and replace the tops.
- For cooking:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick, flat bottomed pan and saute the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Place the stuffed capsicum in so they all stand evenly in the pan, open end up.
- Cook on a low flame, covered, with a hint of water, till done (around 20 minutes).
- Serve with puris or polis along with a gravy dish or with rice and yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja