• Bengal Gram dal – 2 cups
• Sugar – 2 cups
• Maida – 1.5 cups
• Gingili Oil – 1/2 cup
• Cardamoms – 8
• Ghee for frying
- Boil the gram with plenty of water. When nicely cooked, strain.
- Again add water, boil and drain. Add sugar and cardamom to the cooked gram and keep it on low heat till the mixture becomes semi-solid. Stir constantly.
- Remove from fire and grind to a fine paste.
- Add a pinch of kesari powder to the flour, and with a little water, make into a dough.
- Pour gingili oil into the dough and knead until it becomes very soft.
- Make equal number of balls with the dough and the gram mixture.
- Take a ball of gram, cover it with a dough ball, place on a floured board and roll out as thinly as possible.
- Apply a little ghee on griddle and roast the boli on it.
Recipe courtesy of Rajee