• 500g – boneless Chicken
• 200g – Onion
• 1 cup – oil
• 1/2 cup – Corn flour
• 10g – Ginger
• 5 – big Green chillies
• 2 – eggs
• 1 tsp – soya sauce
• 2 tsp – Tomato sauce or 1 tsp – Green chilli sauce
• 1 – small Capsicum
• A little ajinomoto
• 1 tsp – Vinegar
• salt for taste
- Mix small pieces of chicken with salt, ajinomoto, 1 teaspoon of vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of soya sauce.
- Let it marinate for one hour.
- Then cut the onions into small pieces and peel the ginger and mash it.
- Cut the capsicum into small pieces and keep it separate.
- Cut the green chilli from the middle and keep it aside.
- Break the egg in a small utensil, mix corn flour to it, and add a little water and salt to make the batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadai or frying pan.
- Take out the chicken pieces one by one and dip it inside the batter and fry it in the oil.
- Put the green chilli in the oil, add onions, and fry for some time till the onion becomes soft.
- Then add mashed ginger and fry for sometime till you get the smell of mixed ginger and onion.
- Add capsicum to it and fry; then add chilli sauce or tomato sauce to it.
- Mix the fried chicken thoroughly.
- Add salt to taste and let it come to a boil.
- Serve with mixed fried rice or noodles.
Recipe courtesy of Shilpa