• 1 -bottle gourd
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – Milk
• 1/4 cup – Coconut Milk
• 2 tsp – Rice flour
• Ingredients for Seasoning:
• 1 tsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 2 – Green chilli
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
- Wash the bottle gourd and peel the skin and chop into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle a little water, add salt and keep on fire.
- When it’s cooked, switch off the flame, drain any water left and add sugar and dissolve.
- Mix the rice flour in milk.
- Add this paste to the bottle gourd mixture and again keep in flame and boil.
- When it boils, switch off the flame
- In a separate pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add urad dal and crushed green chilli and saute it till the dals turns golden brown colour and remove from flame
- Add these seasoned ingredients to the bottle gourd stew and finally add coconut milk and mix well.
- Recipe courtesy: Subbu’s Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Subbalakshmi Ranganathan