Crispy and cheesy Toast made with vegetables
12 slices of bread of your choice
1 cup suji (semolina)
2 tablespoon smooth yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped capsicum
1 tablespoon chopped carrots
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (optional)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup grated cheese for garnishing
Oil for shallow frying
Salt to taste
1. Mix suji, yogurt, tomatoes, onion, capsicum, carrots, red chilli powder and salt, using water to form a thick batter.
2. Cut bread into round pieces.
3. Apply the batter evenly on one side of the bread slice and shallow fry on a griddle or a pan on both sides.
4. Once crispy and almost done, spread tomato sauce on suji layer, turn and heat for a minute.
5. Remove from pan and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
6. Repeat for all the bread slices.
7. Serve hot.
Cooking time: 30 minutes