• Green Brinjal – 4
• Green chillies – 4
• Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
• Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
• Cumin – 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Oil – 1 tbsp
• Mustard Seeds and curry leaves, a few
- Wash and chop brinjals into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and put the green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Also fry coriander seeds, sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- Grind to a paste when it cools and keep aside.
- Now in the remaining oil, fry the brinjal pieces till they are soft.
- Grind this with some salt and the masala paste.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and after it splutters add the curry leaves and pour over the chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Gladys