• Cabbage – 1
• Tomatoes (sliced) – 4
• Onions (sliced) – 2
• Green chillies (sliced) – 6
• Ginger – 1 inch piece
• Rice/Corn Flour – as needed
• Salt to taste
• Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
• Cloves – 2
• Cardamoms – 2
• Dhania powder – 2 tbsp
- Cut the cabbage into medium-sized pieces. Boil and grind into paste without adding water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and dhania powder.
- Add onion slices, green chillies, and ginger. Fry till light brown.
- Then add tomatoes and salt and cover with a lid.
- Heat until the gravy becomes thick (semi-liquid paste).
- Heat oil in a different pan.
- Add salt to the cabbage paste and make balls of this paste with a small amount of flour (flour is used for tightening, use as little as possible).
- Deep fry these balls and put them gently in the gravy.
Recipe courtesy of Aparna