• 1 – capsicum, finely cut into small pieces
• 1.5 cups – Tamarind pulp
• 1 pinch – Asafoetida
• 1/4 tsp – Methi seeds
• 1 pinch – Methi powder, from roasted and powdered Methi seeds
• 5 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
- Saute the capsicum in 3 tbsp of oil until soft and slightly brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds. When the seeds splutter, add the methi seeds and the sauteed capsicum pieces. Saute well.
- Add tamarind pulp and asafoetida and let the mixture boil until it reduces to a thick consistency (like that of pulihora mix).
- Add salt to taste and methi powder and mix well.
Recipe courtesy of Sunitha