• 1 – medium sized Cauliflower
• 3 tbsp – Butter
• 4 tbsp – grated cheese
• 3 tbsp – breadcrumbs
• 3 tbsp – flour
• 1 cup – Milk
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp – pepper powder
- Cut the cauliflower in half, remove the stalk and cut it into florets.
- Soak in warm salt water for 45 mins
- Cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 5 min
- Drain and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan and slowly mix in the flour till smooth.
- Add the milk slowly to the butter and flour mixture.
- Mix well and simmer on low heat for 5 mins
- Turn off the heat, add the salt, pepper, 2 tbsp grated cheese, 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs to this sauce and mix well.
- Now add the cooked cauliflower and mix the remaining breadcrumbs, cheese together and spread evenly on top.
- Bake in a moderate oven (355 degree F) for about 20-25 minutes till the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White