• 3 – Carrots, chopped
• 3 stalks – Celery, chopped
• 200 g – Mushrooms, sliced
• 1 tsp – Ground black pepper
• 2 – Big tomatoes, cut into quarters
• 4 tbsp – Cooking oil
• 3 tbsp – Grated cheese
• Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the mushroom slices until golden brown.
- Arrange the tomato halves, mushrooms and celery in a shallow buttered ovenproof dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until browned.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with dinner rolls or bread.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White