• 1 cup – Chana dal
• 1 cup – Moong dal
• 4 – Red Chillies
• 2 – Green chillies
• 1 – Onion
• 1/2 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 1/4 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 3 tbsp – cooking Oil
• a few Khaddi Pattha leaves
• Salt to taste
- Soak the chana and moong dal in water for an hour. Grind them along with the red chillies into a nice paste. Add salt to this paste.
- Finely chop the onion and green chillies.
- Boil the cooking oil in a pan.
- Fry urad dal till it turns golden brown.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry for a few more seconds.
- Add the onion and green chilli chops and khaddi pattha leaves to this.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add the chana and moong dal paste to this mix and fry on a low heat for about 15 minutes, till the paste becomes dry.
Recipe courtesy of Charan