Chana pulao is an aromatic pulao dish which is the best idea for kid’s lunch box. This pulao dish is full of flavors of whole spices that bring very unique and new scrumptious flavors in chickpeas and rice. Chana pulao is made with chole chana and basmati rice and whole spices. It turns out great and tastes absolutely amazing with its tanginess. The combination of chana pulao and raita is the best savory.
– 3 cups basmati rice
– 1 cup chole chana
– 2 lengthwise chopped onion
– 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
– 2 green chilies, slit into half lengthwise
– 1 1/2 teaspoons channa masala powder
– 1 tablespoons mint leaves
– 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
– 4 1/2 cups water
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 2 tablespoons ghee
– Few cashew nuts
– Some coriander leaves, for garnishing
– 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
– 4 cloves
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 1 cardamom
– 1 bay leaf
– 2 star anise
How To Cook?
1. Wash the rice into runic water and soak them for at least 20 minutes.
2. Also soak the chana for about 4 hours. Once soaked place them in a pressure cooker along with same water and add some salt to it then cook them for 3 whistles or until done.
3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the spices one by one and saut? it till fragrant.
4. Then add sliced onion, green chillies and ginger-garlic paste then saute it till onion become translucent.
5. Add coriander leaves, channa masala powder and salt. Mix well and again saut? it for a while.
6. After that add cooked chana and water to it and bring the water to boil.
7. When water starts boiling add soaked rice to it and adjust salt. Mix gently and cover the pressure cooker and cook them over low flame for about 10 minutes.
8. Once it is cooked turn off the heat and remove the lid then add ghee and stir well without breaking rice.
9. Serve hot with raita or dal.
Preparation Time: 4 Hours
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons