• 1 litre – whole fat Milk
• 200 g – Paneer or silky Tofu
• 1/2 tin – condensed Milk
• 2 tbsp – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 15 to 20 strands – saffron, lightly crushed
• 2 tsp – Milk masala or slivered Almonds and Pistachios
- Dissolve cardamom, milk masala (save some for garnish) in 1 tbsp cold milk.
- Keep aside till it is required.
- Boil rest of milk in a large heavy vessel.
- Grate or crumble paneer, sprinkle 1 tsp sugar over it.
- Toss to mix lightly, keep aside till required.
- Take one tsp of boiling milk, rub saffron into it.
- Add condensed milk, to the boiling milk.
- Simmer on low flame for 12-15 mins, stirring frequently.
- When the milk is reduced to 2/3 volume, stir in the dissolved cardamom and masala.
- Add paneer, stirring very gently, so as to keep the crumbs intact.
- Add saffron, saving few drops for garnishing.
- Simmer further for 2 mins
- Take it off from the fire, pour it into a serving dish.
- Garnish with splash of saffron drops, and saved slivers.
- Serve piping hot, or very chilled.
- Shelf life: 2 days if refrigerated.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering