• 2 cups – all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/2 cup – Butter
• 1 cup – shredded cheddar cheese
• 2/3 cup – Milk
- Pre-heat an oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut the butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese and milk.
- Mix with a fork until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead several times.
- Roll the dough out to 1-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are a light brown. Brush the tops of the biscuits with 2 tbsp melted butter after removing from the oven (optional).