• Long grain Rice 2 cups
• Spring onions 2 bunches
• Capsicum/Green pepper 1/2
• Fresh peas 1/2 cup
• 1 cup Chicken
• eggs 2
• 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
• Black pepper powder 1 tsp
• Refined oil 2 tbsp
• Water 4 cups
• Salt to taste
- Wash rice. Add water and keep it on a high flame.
- After about 7 minutes, turn the flame to low and cover the vessel with a lid and let the rice cook for 5 more minutes.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut capsicum lengthwise.
- If you are using chicken, pressure cook it and cut into thin strips.
- Once rice is cooked, remove it from the vessel and spread it on a dish so that each grain remains separate.
- In a wok or frying pan, take oil, heat it and add all the vegetables and fry well till slightly soft.
- Add in the chicken and the eggs. Lower the flame and mix well with vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper powder, rice, soy sauce and chilli sauce. Mix well.
- Just before serving, on medium-high flame, stir the fried rice till a nice aroma comes.
Recipe courtesy of Pradnya