• 1 – whole Chicken jointed into 6 pieces
• 3 – carrots, peeled and sliced
• 3 – large tomatoes, chopped
• 3 sticks – Celery slice
• A small bunch of Spring onions (onion Leeks ), chopped into bits
• 2 tsp – pepper powder
• 1 tsp – chopped Garlic
• Salt – to taste
• 2 tsp – Corn flour
• 2 tbsp – oil or Butter
- Heat oil/ butter in a pan and saute the garlic, spring onions, carrots and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt and pepper and fry till lightly brown all over.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and very little water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour in a little water and stir into the chicken.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White