• 500g – boneless Chicken (small pieces)
• 200g – Onion
• 10g – Ginger
• 5 – big Green chillies
• 1 cup – oil
• 1 tsp – soya sauce
• 2 tsp – Tomato sauce
• 1 tbsp – chilli sauce (green)
• 1 – small Capsicum
• Little china salt
• 1 tsp – Vinegar
• Salt for taste
• 2 – eggs
• 1/2 cup – Corn flour
- Mix the small pieces of chicken with salt, china salt, 1 teaspoon of vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of soya sauce. Let it marinate for one hour.
- Then cut the onions into small pieces. Peel the ginger and mash it.
- Cut the capsicum into small pieces and keep it separate.
- Slit the green chillies and keep it aside.
- Break the egg in a small utensil and mix corn flour to it; add a little water and salt to make the batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadai or frying pan.
- Take out the chicken pieces one by one and dip it into the batter, and soft fry it in the oil.
- Put the green chillies in the oil and then add onions; fry for sometime till the onions become soft, but not red.
- Then add mashed ginger and fry for some time till you get the smell of mixed ginger and onion.
- Add capsicum to it and fry. Then add chilli sauce and tomato sauce to it.
- Add the fried chicken and mix it thoroughly.
- Add salt for taste and let it come to a boil.
- Chicken chilli is ready to be served with mixed fried rice or noodles.
Recipe courtesy of Rashmi