Chocolate Barfi is very easy and delicious Indian sweet dish which you can easily make during the Diwali and other special occasions. You can make chocolate barfi in just 20 minutes but it requires few hours to set the mixture then you can make a pieces of it. Chocolate barfi is a two layered sweet, one is of chocolate layer and another is of khoya layer. You can also make a chocolate barfi with milk powder or flour but khoya gives different rich taste to the barfi and you will love it. Chocolate barfi is made with khoya, chocolate, cardamom and saffron. It’s rich in calories. Let’s make this chocolate barfi together.
– 2 cup Khoya
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2 tablespoon milk powder
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoon ghee
– 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
– 2 tablespoon pistachios, crushed
How To Make?
1. Grease the plate with the ghee and keep aside.
2. In a nonstick pan heat the ghee on LOW flame. Add mawa to it and saute it for 5 minutes. Stirring continuously.
3. Add sugar and milk to it and mix them. Keep stirring it. Then add milk powder, cardamom powder and mix them.
4. You can see that the mawa becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
5. Now, remove the half of the mixture to the greased plate and spread the khoya mixture and smoothen the top. Let the mixture cool down.
6. Then, in the remaining khoya mixture, add cocoa powder and mix it well.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and let it slightly cool down.
8. Now, spread this cocoa mixture on the top of the white khoya later and smoothen it. Let it completely cool down.
9. Garnish it with the pistachios and cut the chocolate barfi into small pieces. You delicious chocolate barfi is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons