Learn how to make perfect classic roasted turkey for your friends and family to enjoy your holidays and thanksgiving parties.
– 1 (16- to 18-pound) turkey, neck and giblets reserved
– Sea salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon freshly grounded black pepper powder
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2 carrots, peeled and cut into lengths
– 2 celery stalks
– 4 fresh sage leaves
– 4 sprigs fresh thyme
– 2 cup water
– 1 cup unsalted and melted butter
How To Cook?
1. Preheat the oven at 260 C.
2. First of all, remove the neck and neck cavity from the bird and keep it aside. Remove the tail of bird and set aside. Remove any excess fat attached to the skin and leftover pinfeathers. Also remove chest cavity and discard. Dry the turkey.
3. Now, on a roasting pan with a nonstick roasting rack, set the turkey on it and place it into oven on LOW level.
4. Now, spread some salt and pepper inside the chest and neck cavities. Cut half carrots, onion, and celery and put it into the chest cavity. Sprinkle the rest on the bottom of the pan and add some water to the pan.
5. then fold the turkey wing tips back and under the wings so they lay close to the chest. Now, cut the kitchen twine and connect the legs together, wrapping the cords around the knobs of the legs to secure them.
6. Use a toothpick to secure the neck skin from opening. Now, apply butter on the turkey with pastry brush and sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.
7. Put the turkey breast side up on the rack and roast it 40 minutes at LOW temperature.
8. After that, add some pan juice on it and again cook the turkey for 30-35 minutes.
9. Continue roasting the turkey after 35 minutes, baste remaining butter on it and again roast it.
10. When the turkey is cooked completely remove it from the rack and transfer it on the carving board. Cover the turkey breast with aluminum foil.
11. Rest the turkey for 30 minutes before carving and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Inactive Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Hours