• 2 cup – grated Coconut
• 2 cup – Sugar
• 10-15 – cashews, broken into small pieces
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 2 tsp- Ghee
• 1/4 cup – Milk
• 1 tsp – Ghee
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add grated coconut, sugar, cashews, 2 tsp ghee and milk.
- Stir till mix becomes thick and starts leaving pan. Add cardamom powder.
- Meanwhile, spread 1 tsp ghee on a deep plate.
- Remove the mix from the pan to the plate.
- When the mix starts leaving the sides of the pan transfer the mix to a plate and spread evenly on the plate using a flat spatula.
- Leave to cool.
- Initially the mix, will be soft to touch but will harden when cool.
- Cut into desired shapes while still hot.
- Once cool, reverse the plate on a paper and break the barfis. Store in a jar.
Recipe courtesy of Uma