Consomme clear soup is a delicious French recipe. A consomme soup is a very refined soup. It’s very time-consuming soup recipe and required lot of patience while cooking it. Consomme is very old time soup recipe, nowadays very fewer people are making it. Consomme clear soup is made with meat and chicken, as per your taste choice you can use it in your cooking. You can serve the soup either chilled or hot, it taste best in both way. Let’s learn how to make consomme clear soup.
– 2 cup minced meat
– 1 egg white
– Salt to taste
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 cup chopped carrot
– 1 cup chopped leek
– 1 cup chopped celery
– 5 peppercorns
– A few bay leaf
– 1 1/2 liter mutton stock or chicken cubes
– For Garnishing
– Boiled rice or tomato dices
How To Cook?
1. Take a deep, heavy bottom frying pan.
2. Add minced meat in a pan and add egg white, carrot, leek, celery, bay leaf, peppercorns and mix them.
3. Then add a cold mutton stock to the mixture and again mix them well. Cook it for 10 minutes.
4. Cook the mixture on the MEDIUM heat and keep stirring till it comes to boil.
5. A raft will be formed don’t’ stir.
6. Strain the soup through a muslin cloth.
7. Add salt to the soup and garnish it with tomato cubes and rice and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes