• 8 – small Celery sticks, thinly sliced
• 1 – onion, finely chopped
• 3 cups – water
• 1 tbsp – plain flour
• 2 tbsp – light sour Cream
• 2 tbsp – grated cheese
• 1 tbsp – chopped fresh coriander
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- Boil the celery and onion in 1/2 cup of water in a large saucepan until the onion is soft.
- Blend the flour in 1/4 cup of water until smooth.
- Stir gradually into the onion mixture. When smooth, stir in the remaining water. Stir constantly until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, cheese, coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with garlic rolls or croutons or just plain toasts.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi