• 3 or 4 – tender Drumsticks
• 2 – onions, chopped finely
• few Curry leaves
• 1 tsp – Ginger paste
• 1 tsp – Garlic paste
• 2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 2 – medium size tomatoes, chopped
• 2 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
- Scrape the drumsticks and then cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Wash and soak in a little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the curry leaves and onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, chilly powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and ginger paste, garlic paste and saute for a few minutes.
- Now add the drumsticks and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook on low till the drumsticks are cooked.
- Care should be taken not to over cook or they will get smashed.
- Serve as a main curry or a side dish with rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White