• 5-6 Drumsticks peeled, chopped like fingers
• 2 Onions finely slivered
• 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp Rice grains
• 2 dry Red Chillies broken in half
• 2 tbsp oil
• salt to taste
• Grind to a paste:
• 3/4 cup fresh Coconut grated
• 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
• 3 flakes Garlic
• 2 green or red fresh chillies
• 2-3 pinches Turmeric powder
- Wash and boil drumsticks to boil in 2 cups water.
- Allow to cook covered in a pan till tender, then remove lid.
- When almost all water has evaporated, empty and keep aside.
- Put ground paste in same pan, cover with boiled drumsticks.
- Sprinkle some salted water, cover and cook till steam is given out.
- Stir gently, sprinkle some more water, cover and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add rice and mustard seeds.
- Allow to splutter, add chillies and onions.
- When onions are transparent, pour over drumstick mixture.
- Simmer again, stirring gently, till all water is evaporated.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatti.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi